View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 06:45 PM   #68
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
I go down so I can keep my reps in the 10-12 range. Otherwise my last set would only be a couple reps. You want “time under tension” which is why the number of reps matter. If you go to failure, you will generally struggle to hit the same reps with the same weight on the next set. That is why I drop the weight.

There is definitely more than one way to have success though. I am not really trying to hit a personal record.

A fascinating transition for me, was when I was getting closer to my goal weight, I had to increase my calories to keep up my performance while exercising. I had never had that experience. It was weird transitioning to needing to eat more.
Ya, that was the trippy part. You lose weight first then add muscle, and most of your gains are in the first two years. I was drinking protein shakes and losing weight(fat)

It's been a good system for me. On that third set when I can start going past 10-12 reps is when I jump everything up ten pounds, and that third set becomes a bitch all over again.

That said, I'm gonna try your method. It's always good to switch up your routine from time to time.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.