View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 05:41 PM   #64
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Well, if it's Bench Press we're talking about, there's no going to failure w/o a spotter. So in a lot of instances going to failure isn't even an option therefore a rep or two short of failure is the best you're going to do.

And i sure AF ain't going to failure with any rep that involves weights being lifted over my head. So things like Dumbbell shoulder presses will always be a few reps short of failure.

Bicep curls, chair dips etc are all "failure-fair-game".
I didn't have a lot in terms of free weights, but can do most anything with the cable/rack setup. I can bench from it, which gives full range of motion. It's not like a Smith machine, so you still have to stabilize the weight, and I probably can't kill myself if I do go to failure.

The physics of it probably isn't exactly the same... the weight isn't 1:1 (it's fairly close though) and you don't have that initial stabilizing and moving the weight forward, but it's pretty damn close.

It's nice for things like shoulder press and triceps extensions, too.

I still mix in dumbbell press and behind the head dumbbell extensions and such... I have found those help even more with stabilizing weight and of course have more range for the former without a bar across your chest.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.