View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 11:20 PM   #45
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I wonder how reality TV works. I get a majority of this shit is scripted, but you're still "acting" as yourself, and not a character. Do people really really reeeeally want to look like total butt****ing morons just to get on TV?
People who work in the industry have told me that shows like this are 100% fake at this point. Everyone knows what is coming from seeing the show, so there's no chance of actual surprise anymore. You can tell because all the shows follow the exact same script.

If they don't have employees misbehaving at the beginning, there's no show. You think they're gong to go to all that trouble placing hidden cameras everywhere, setting up the show, and then go "Well everyone here is solid, bar looks fine. I guess there's no show."

As an aside - I used to live in the valley - every single bar I used to like has been ruined by this show. They've been turned into "mixology" bars with mostly the same shit but 3x the price and a new interior. (Pat's Bar on Riverside if you're a fan of the show.)

They even ruined the only decent BBQ place in the valley - opened by an ex-gates employee. The turned it from a bar on one side and a BBQ restaurant (which wasn't bad - think Zarda - which is mega-elite BBQ for LA) on the other side - into one giant bar with shitty BBQ.

I was burping liquid smoke for hours after eating there. Ugh. (Kansas City BBQ - turned into "The BBQ Bar" - even the name is stupid.)

Last edited by suzzer99; 08-24-2019 at 11:27 PM..
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.