Thread: Home and Auto EV Cars/Trucks
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 08:55 AM   #145
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
You do realize the gas taxes are used for road construction and maintenance, right?

You expect a FREE RIDE?
To be fair, there's nothing set in stone that says that's the way roads SHOULD be financed. Some states don't have income taxes, but they have higher property and/or sales taxes - they can choose how they want it to work.

In a distant future where EVs are the majority, states could possibly choose to pay for road maintenance from other sources. And sure, you could argue that paying for it from gas taxes is the most "fair" way of doing it, but I don't get a break on my taxes because I don't have kids who go to school and don't go to parks very often.

In the meantime, I don't have an issue with (reasonable) registration fees for EVs, but the model at its core doesn't HAVE to stay that way.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote