Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 11:52 AM   #817
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Maybe 30 years ago but not today.

Shooting on location is a bitch, which is why Sound Stages exist. Otherwise, the production company would need to hire Location Scouts, pull permits, pay for travel, cartage, lodging and food for a huge crew of people, hope that the lighting is right for the shoot, then further enhance the shots with VFX.

The Volume is the future because it allows the actors to actually feel as if they're on location because their surrounding are constantly changing as the actors move.

And while it's certainly not cheap, 6+ hours of Star Wars for $150 million is an absolute bargain.
Looked up ‘ The Volume’ and watched a video on it because I had no idea what you were talking about. Pretty damn amazing! They had me entirely fooled because I really thought a lot of it was shot on location somewhere.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.