Thread: Electronics New TV suggestions
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #136
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
I bought a TCL for the master bedroom tv that’s a 55” a couple years ago. It’s been great. Bought a smaller version for each of the kids rooms, I was a big Vizio guy and I will probably stay with the TCL from now on with how good they have been
I'm heavily leaning towards the TCL but there is 1 thing that might be a deal breaker, or I just get last years model (R635), and thats the upscaling. For whatever reason, the 2021 model has dogshit 480p scaling which is DVDs pre blue ray and thats basically my entire collection of DVDs since I haven't bought a movie in years. They are apparently working on a firmware fix for it but I know far too often how many times software promises never come to light or they just get pushed back so far that they just fix it in a new model and tell you you are SOL.

Is TCL pretty good on the firmware updates?
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.