Thread: Football Fumbling into the end zone
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 04:01 PM   #32
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Chris Simms on his podcast talked about it.

I hadn't considered it this way, but he said the field is shared by the teams. The endzones are owned by the team. Accordingly the rules are different for the endzones than the field. His position is that the rule is consistent with the rest of the rules for the endzone.

He said he was open to giving the other team the ball at the one yardline.

I guess I agree with all of it. Don't fumble the ****ing football.
^this^ the most precious 20 yards on the field are the 2 end zones. These 2 10 yard areas are being defended by the opposing team. If you fumble before the goal line and the ball goes out of the endzone, you forfeited position of that ball to the defending team, same with picks and recovered fumbles that are in the same endzone, the ball is brought out to the 20. I will be pissed if they change the rule, if your reach the ball out you are creating a chance of jeopardy on the offenses part, as it should.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote