Thread: Alpha WR's
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 07:54 PM   #251
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
XL posted on IG yesterday 20 yard splits from the NFL Combine, Franklin Jr and Legette both had better times than Worthy. I think that probably speaks to Worthy quick speed and them being long striders so not sure it's as big a plus as he thought when he posted, but it's something. Means that all three have similar deep speed I guess.
Ya….problem is….its fools gold. Deep speed means absolutely nothing against NFL corners. If your movement is at all telegraphed(ie running deep in a straight line speed) you’re not getting open because you’re 1. Jammed. Or 2. Given plenty of space to back off and match.

Technique matters. And right next to that and nothing else really is 10split. If you don’t have burst to create IMMEDIATE separation, the window of opportunity is not hitting for a completion with pocket time ect at even 10% of the rate of a normal 100% separator. Why do you think Moore struggles so much?

Worthy, Mitchell, Thomas jr are the ONLY considerations to me in first or even second round. I’d take Legette I guess if we didn’t take any before because we need it. Franklin won’t be available at a pick that makes sense. Late second. I’m way more happy taking Ladd. But it’s the same with him, not in the first round. If we don’t trade up to get any of those three, it’s a massive failure. Unless one is waiting at 32. Jmo

The best play is still trade sneed and mortgage future picks to grab 2 of them. Unless they have a CHEAP wr or ONE YEAR wr deal available. Remember there’s other people to sign coming up. This is a make or break FA/draft year for not only implication of 3peat but the short window of time afterwards which his Mahomes prime. He’s entering it now. 5-6 years. Max. Not saying he won’t be awesome after, but not prime. It just makes waaaaay too much sense to draft cheap pieces with massive upside on offense.
wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote