Thread: Alpha WR's
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 06:24 PM   #243
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I mean, I feel like you are throwing out the fact that he drew like 2 huge pass interference calls as Arnold was literally grabbing him and tackling him because he couldn't cover him. Oh and then Texas literally killed the clock for the last half of the fourth quarter. Context matters - Worthy also had a great game though. But his impact was muted compared to Mitchell.
I wouldn't feel like 5/75/1 is muted against that team.

I also feel like you guys are significantly overstating Mitchell's performance this year while significantly discounting other's performances and you're all doing it based on traits. It's fine but be honest about it and stop discounting how good some other WRs were.

Acting like Mitchell was in the same stratosphere as Troy Franklin is silly. He just wasn't. He didn't do anything as good as Franklin. But, he does have better pro traits. Acting like Worthy wasn't the better WR at Texas is also silly because he was. Discounting Worthy and Franklin's pro projection despite spread offensive schemes in the NFL now is also silly to me. Not all small WRs get broke and not all big WRs with speed work out.

Mitchell might end up the better pro player if he reaches his potential, but he's not better now. He's also not the best fit for this team. I won't be disappointed even a little if Veach takes him though, so let's be crystal clear on that. I don't hate the player. I just think we're not being realistic with what's actually on tape for any of these guys and the specific things Andy requests of his WRs, especially our Z.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote