Thread: Alpha WR's
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 05:52 PM   #242
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I don't grade a player on one game. So if the argument is "Well he beat Alabama's great corners" then the argument is flawed. He had 3 catches in that Alabama game. If two of those receptions didn't go for TDs, would you still be singing his praises? Probably not.

But beyond that, I didn't conclude by watching one casual play that he doesn't play fast. If I agreed with route pacing as the entirety of the excuse, I wouldn't be questioning his play speed. Route variation is something you look for. Amari Cooper is a master class in route pacing. Speed looks like and issue on tape repeatedly, which includes having to push off to open at the end of a go route, or not being able to outrun coverage on a completion where he should as a 4.3 player.

I'm going to pull up his highlight reel for now. At 0;34, this is good route pacing. That's what you're looking for. Not looking at a lot of the running in quicksand moments.

I don't even dislike Mitchell. I actually kind of like Mitchell. I don't know that he'd be the guy Reid would prefer. This is a team that relies on a lot of speed and quickness and a ton of movement. I don't think he has the consistency there.
I mean, I feel like you are throwing out the fact that he drew like 2 huge pass interference calls as Arnold was literally grabbing him and tackling him because he couldn't cover him. Oh and then Texas literally killed the clock for the last half of the fourth quarter. Context matters - Worthy also had a great game though. But his impact was muted compared to Mitchell.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.