Thread: Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #48
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
I lost all interest in NASCAR when they implemented STAGE racing. So stupid. Nothing more than a Mandatory Caution Period. LAME. 5 Laps of caution after each STAGE and the laps count? The CHASE/Playoff point system is also STUPID. No wonder NASCAR is dying. If it works don't fix it. They fixed it and now it's broken.
Stage racing did it for you? Heh...ok...I think it was broken way, way before that.

Building the cookie cutters and expanding unnecessarily west where no ones GAF about nascar. Along with the expansion, the 'car of tomorrow', the unnecessarily long caution periods, debris cautions that take 5+ caution laps, speed limits on pit road are just a few that ruined it for me. I've always hated super speedways and the restrictor plates...how anyone finds that enjoyable save for the last 2 laps, is beyond me.

One of the things I disliked about the old point system and it reached a head just before they changed it was it didnt put any premium on winning, rather it was simply based upon consistency. When Kenseth won his championship, it was an absolute joke...he beat out multiple race winners because he never DNF'ed...so effing what? They implemented the playoffs a year or two later.

the series needs to contract, and like Golf, finish their season before football starts...last weekend at Darlington should have been the final race of the year.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.