Thread: Computers Youtube.TV
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 01:00 PM   #136
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
We just switched to youtubeTV from google fiber TV. Google gave us a free chromecast for every TV box we had. Liking it so far, although it froze up on me three times during the Ravens game Sunday night. Other than that it has been flawless.

Love that it runs Android TV as I have two nvidia shields on my main two tvs, so the home screen looks the same and doesn't confuse the wife.

Google bill dropped from 200 to 70. YoutubeTV for three months at 54.99 plus another ten for redzone. Figured I would only do the redzone package during the season, as the other sports channels that are a part of the package I can live with out, so it is a net savings every month.
I'm facing this right now. Other than having a SOHO router and some other devices that require an RJ45 connections and the WiFi router now only having a single RJ45 port, it seems like I'm going to be getting into the Chromecast game. We've used Amazon's Firestick for years, but it's not what we use most of the time, and with Netflix being a component of the Smart TV, we're really more of a hodgepodge of stuff than one-stop shopping with a single remote. Oh well...

Anyway, did you end up with more than one Google WiFi box? I ask because the current network box has both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, and each current TV box offered 2.4GHz too, and I'm just concerned that having just one box offering WiFi for the whole house might not provide a great experience on the opposite end of the house. Unfortunately the Fiber Jack isn't in the middle of the house.

And last, since my wife is mostly into local channels, have you found any issues with YouTubeTV not providing local channels? And it's $65 a month now, so I'm wondering just how much this will really reduce my current TV bill...

Any thoughts about your experience would be appreciated.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.