Thread: Football Fumbling into the end zone
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 05:37 PM   #56
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
I have always been in favor of the rule... always will be. You are defending that area from the offense, if they fumble into your area and it goes out of play, they should lose possession...
I've always thought it was a little weird, but I like this logic. The end zones are special and "owned by the team" as it was mentioned. And preventing players from being reckless with the ball near the pylon/goal line makes sense, too.

The best and really only alternative I could think of would be to make it a 15 yard penalty from the spot of the fumble, but the best solution has always been to not fumble into/out of the end zone.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote