View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 12:24 AM   #1017
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Okay, here we go.

First off, I'm not going to accept either of the Chiefs' two draft day trades.

However, I'm going to make a trade down with the Colts.

I'm giving up Pick 1-32 (138 points after the 25% discount), and in return I will take 2-52 (109 points), 4-117 (25 points), and 7-234 (2 points)

Therefore, I now have ten picks.

2-52
2-64
3-95
4-117
4-131
5-167
5-173 (comp pick)
6-208
7-234
7-252

2-52 WR Adonai Mitchell (2-52 Colts) - He was the target of my trade down, because he seemed like a good value compared to my other options. I didn't seriously consider trading up even though I like Worthy.

Also considered: Xavier Legette, Jer'zhawn Newton, trade down for Kris Jenkins.

2-64 WR Malachi Corley (3-65 Jets) - I need receiver help badly, so I doubled up on my first two picks, and I didn't see options at other positions that were compelling.

Also considered: Andru Phillips, Jermaine Burton, trade down for Adisa Isaac.

3-95 DT DeWayne Carter (3-95 Bills) - I've got a bunch of young guys at DT and I need someone to step up. Carter has a chance to start in that group, but anything can happen.

Also considered: McKinnley Jackson, Ja'Tavion Sanders, Brandon Dorlus, Devontez Walker

4-117 RB Jaylen Wright (4-120-Dolphins) - My running back room is really thin, so it made sense to add Wright with a mid-round pick.

Also considered: T.J. Tampa

4-131 Sedrick Van Pran-Granger (4-141 - Bills) - I had a big lineup hole at center since Cody Whitehair moved to guard. I strongly debated taking a promising guy lower, but I figure this guy will immediately start and upgrade my line.

Also considered: Cam Hart, Anthony Gould, Austin Booker, Jarvis Brownlee, Tommy Eichenberg, Hunter Nourzad.

5-167 OT Walter Rouse (5-177 Vikings) - I'm thin at tackle, but I don't have an immediate need. Rouse will be a developmental guy.

Also considered: Quan'tez Stiggers

5-173 CB Caelen Carson (5-174 Cowboys) - I really need cornerbacks, but with other needs I had to take them late. Carson seems to have promise and could easily grab a starting job for us.

Also considered: Very strongly considered Johnny Wilson but already drafted two WRs. Also Jase McClellan, D.J. James, Khristian Boyd.

6-208 DE Cedric Johnson (6-214 Bengals) - I've got starters at DE, but need developmental depth. Johnson is a good fit here.

Also considered: Ryan Flournoy, Brendan Rice, Nathan Thomas.

7-234 DE Myles Cole (7-236 Jaguars). This was a luxury pick for me since I had most of my needs covered. Again, I need developmental depth at DE.

Also considered: Really strongly considered Ladarius Henderson here. Also considered Matt Lee, but decided to invest earlier in a center.

7-252 CB Kalen King (7-255 Packers). My cornerback situation is odd. I've got depth, but need quality starters, so I'm rolling the dice here.

Also considered: Really wanted Cornelius Johnson, but I've already spent two high picks on WRs. Also considered Nick Gargulio, but decided to get a center earlier.

Last edited by Rain Man; 05-03-2024 at 01:05 AM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.