Thread: Movies and TV House of the Dragon
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 09:14 AM   #30
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
They just ****ed the pacing right up and that's all there is to it. And frankly, if that was GRRM's ending, his ending to the saga sucked as well (I don't know how you polish the King Bran turd among other stupid things). Everything was just too abrupt.
I'm less critical than many on the individual endings, though I will admit it was not satisfying based on the rushed pace.

I actually have no doubt that King Bran and mad Queen Dany were GRRM's ideas. If he ever were to finish the books, the payoff would have been infinitely more fulfilling.

In the show, the events leading up to everything just don't make sense. Daenerys loses a dragon going North of the Wall for absolutely no reason. She loses another 'cause she "kinda forgot" Euron was around and apparently he's able to 360 no scope a full grown dragon from a mile away. Then how did Missandei even get captured again? I forgot.

She was getting increasingly more pissed off and distraught, but the jump to nuking a surrendering city was just too quick given how things played out on TV.

And don't even get me started on Bran. Dude became a potato after he returned to civilization. He should have been one of the most powerful people on the continent and all he did in the last couple seasons was vegg out and do some recon with a flock of birds.

Then they've got the audacity to pull the "who has a better story than Bran?" line lol uhhhh, literally anyone?!?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.