View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 10:55 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That was 3 weeks ago and fueled by a single massive game that boosted his rate stats due to a small sample size.

Walker ended the spring at about a .790 OPS and per bref his average quality of competition was a roughly average AA pitcher. He also struck out 15 times to only 2 walks.

Personally, I don't think he's ready. He's too aggressive a hitter to produce as little loft as he does. I'd have started him in AAA. There are changes he needs to make to his swing, IMO. And if he's going to remain this aggressive, he's going to get himself out on weak contact a LOT.
That's my fear too. He'll end up either riding the bench and getting no ABs or getting sent back down. Why not just start him there and see how he does?
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.