Thread: Movies and TV Cutting Cable.
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #93
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Well, right. You still need internet access, so there's always a cost of some sort. The exact amount of those savings depends on what other services you're paying for so you're correct that it may be less than $90/month. (That said, keep in mind that cable companies are also notorious for adding a ton of fees on top of their listed rates, so that might influence things too.)

For me, I'm saving maybe $30-$40 per month by doing DSL ($60) plus Hulu with Live ($50) plus Netflix ($10) compared to what I was paying for DirecTV back in the day ($150ish total), but frankly I just can't stand watching live TV anymore. Once you get used to watching everything on demand, it's kind of weird to have to wait for something to come on at a particular time (sporting events aside). I always feel a bit lost in hotel rooms these days.
Cool. And I agree totally. Perhaps I'm closer to being a luddite than I thought because using the FireStick (even though I used it yesterday to watch a movie that was mostly over on GF!!!) keeps me in the "TV" world. Even though my complaints about GF's "shutter lag" on their goofy remote are well documented. As for the "1000Mbps" - pffffft, I'm a network engineer, they need to try and sell that shit to somebody else. Hell, all but a two devices in my house are "wireless", so those are defendable "legal" sales numbers only. Again, pfffffft..

Oh, did I forget my endless whining about missing Pic-in-a-pic (with recording)?

So maybe I'll look into these other options.

Last edited by GloryDayz; 04-01-2019 at 11:07 AM..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.