Thread: Movies and TV AVATAR 2
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I saw it in 3D at a regular theater and was so blown away by the special effects that I saw it in 3D at IMAX also. For that point in time, the visual were pretty amazing.

Yea, the plot was meh. The funny thing is that he had to fight to get this plot. From my vague recollections of an interview he did on Charley Rose: the studio was afraid it was too pro-environment/anti-colonists and they wanted to change it to make the military the good guys and turn it into a patriotic, rah-rah film.

If he really manages to push the envelope again on movie technology, I could be enticed to see it. But I doubt it happens. Sequels usually have worse plots and the original already set a really low bar.
I saw Avatar TWICE in IMAX 3D (I never do that until Avatar came around. What Cameron did was remarkable. made me feel like I was really there.)

also as far as sequels go, I agree that they are usually just cash grab crap BUT with James Cameron directing the sequels, I am fully confident he'll deliver the goods. He is the master at making sequels (Terminator 2 was fantastic . Ditto on Aliens as well) .
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.