View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #142
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He attacked Saxon pretty good after Saxon's reports in the Athletic that really blew things up. I think Matheny would've made it to the end of the season without those but when that hit the wire, it was all over but the crying.

Then a week after Saxons article, Matheny gets fired and Goold started letting the same stuff slip out.

It was an awful look from him and I haven't really trusted anything he's had to say since.
Exactly. Thats why the Athletic model may work long term.Its a threat to him and the whole beat writer BS model in baseball. Writers knew Mantle and most every other player in that era was taking speed to get up for games after a night of drinking. They knew about steroid use but said nothing.

Its basic human instinct. If its your job to inform your readers the truth about a team, the bad and good but your worried about your access being taken away, your not going to write the bad stuff that will get you kicked out.

I'm not saying that beat writers should become investigative journalists. Just tell us the big truths that are harming the team. Goold knew all this, He didn't print shit. Saxon didn't worry about being kicked out of the locker room. We found out important information as fans, Thats their basic job. The team is in a better place. Everyone "won" but Matheny, as it should have been.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.