Thread: Movies and TV Galaxy Quest TV show?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #4
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Galaxy Quest worked because much like Austin Powers was to James Bond, Galaxy Quest was a parody of the original Star Trek.

I just don't see it working as a TV series, which is probably why after nearly 22 years, there's been no sequel or series that made it past the "developmental" phase.
Yeah, that's my initial reaction. I loved the movie, but I don't see how you transform it into a TV series. The movie mined 90 percent of the possible jokes. The only way a TV series would work is if you took the characters and then went a different direction in terms of plot, in which case it's not really the same creature.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.