View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #47
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Just a reminder, though - every game they lost was with Cam Erving at LT.
I was just pointing at that they were able to win with a Cam Erving - who's awful and certainly far from ideal.

I think the idea of investing heavily in tackles while grooming late rounders on the interior has been a proven method for Andy and the Chiefs and I see no reason to change that philosophy, regardless of whether or not the "MVP" is behind center.

Now, maybe, if the team is so absolutely loaded in 2022 or 2023 that they decide to go with a center or guard with their first pick - okay, that's reasonable. But when there are far better athletes that can make an immediate and lasting contribution to the team?

I just can't go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And that's why I think Fisher gets shit on too often. We don't even TRY to run Wasp with him out there. We can cut corners here and there on the IOL but we can't do that out wide.
Yeah, I never understood all of the Fisher hate and defended him early and often. I don't think he gets enough respect now, even after witnessing the horrible play of Erving last season. If he stays relatively healthy, I think Fisher plays for another 4 or 5 years, which will probably coincide with the departure of many of the other players from this Super Bowl era.

It'll be interesting to see how they rebuild the team for Pat's "Prime" years.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.