Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #2566
20 Menthol KOOLs

I watched The Thing for the first time the other day.

I thought it was pretty good, given the time period. It had some awesome scenes and, I guess, cinematography? Like, when the storm hits and they're all outside, it's dark, and the only light they've got comes from the flares. It looked awesome.

I particularly liked the scenes where MacReady had everyone strapped down and they were testing each individual's blood. I also liked the scene where they had found its secret spaceship under the 'holding cell' then they came back and just started firebombing every room. Cool shit.

I will say the alien thing was pretty weird and didn't seem all that intimidating. Obviously it was very dangerous, but half the time it was on screen it just seemed to be in the process of metamorphosis. The end "battle" was especially anticlimactic. It bursts through the floor and just kinda flails about until 'cReady nukes it.

The ending was nice, though. I liked that they both recognize that either one could potentially be the thing and they're just like alright, let's hang out and see what happens. It was the modern day scary movie 'rahhh the baddy is still alive' without being so in-your-face.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.