View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #38
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
That's all a good case. My old complaint with Charles was my same complaint with DT. He disappeared in the playoffs. Charles scored once against the Ravens at Arrowhead, our only score. He was knocked out of the Indy playoff game i believe twice. He just never seemed to be a factor when it mattered most. Same with DT. Never came up big in a playoff game. Whereas Damien Williams has shined in every game that mattered that he's played in.
Rain man makes a great point below. That Indy thing he was in concussion protocol on like the second offensive snap or something stupid.

That Ravens game we were totally outmatched. Like I said, if you put that dude on this team, he makes Williams look silly. And I love me some Williams.

What that dude did on the field was different.

Another thing to consider is Williams had 120 rush/receiving attempts in the playoffs. 320 total offensive snaps. Jamaal Charles has 14 total rush/receiving attempts and they didn’t keep track of total snaps back then.

What would Charles’ performance look like with Williams’ volume?

Let’s look at the individual stats. In that Balt game he was 9/82 rushing (9.1 yards per attempt!). 1-2 passing for 15 yards (15 yards per attempt). Indy he had 3 rushes for 18 yards. All told he was putting up 8.3 yards per rush and 15 yards per catch. Williams through his notably good playoff performances was averaging 4.39 yards per rush and 8.59 yards per catch.

I think looking at playoff totals by themselves doesn’t give you the whole picture. In conjunction with Rain Mans team evaluation (which makes Jamaals averages all the more impressive) and my volume numbers it’s really hard to compare the two just on Playoff Performances.

Like I said it’s not a popular opinion but I just can’t get over the eye test with what Jamaal did on pure garbage teams as the only weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yeah, but Charles was never on a playoff team that had a chance.

If you're a defensive coordinator, do you concentrate your efforts on Matt Cassel or Jamaal Charles? How about Patrick Mahomes II or Damien Williams?

Damien's great so that's no slight against him at all, but Charles was a championship caliber running back who played on teams that had no shot at a championship.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote