View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 01:34 PM   #113
MVP

Switching gears a bit since it makes me sick to talk about Kentucky...

I am starting to wonder if NIL is going to save college basketball.

I think a lot of guys don't even need that much cash. If you have a scholarship but can make like 20 grand extra on some endorsement that might be all the extra money you need to decide to stick around an extra year or avoid going overseas. I can't believe it happened so fast to be honest.

Also colleges have better name recognition than G league does. If Self doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble over kids making a little extra cash and that whole plausible deniability thing with Adidas ceases to exist then I think it could benefit our program a ton.

Think about Brandon Rush, who only came back from the draft because he got hurt and then KU won a championship with him.

It's an exciting time and a total 180 from the worry I had about the G league ruining college basketball.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote