View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 10:22 AM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I wouldn't make a points to do that. More than anything, I think the Chiefs success on day three is a testament to the work done by the scouting department, and the fact that the Chiefs have certain traits they look for in players. What's shocking is that more teams are not as good at it.
Agreed. I think if we can flip a guy that isn't getting snaps, especially close to deadlines, it's valuable to do it, but it's always been so.

I think what surprises me, more than other teams being bad at it, is that it doesn't scale. Late round guys have all the flags or nothing physically. REALLY hard to find value. As you move up the ladder, in the first round there are dudes that SHOULD be easier to project. And at the rate he's hitting late rounders, the dude should NEVER miss in rounds 1-3. EVER.

I think the truth is somewhere in the realm of find a guy with a base level of physical competency and is hungry - then turn that dude over to the coaches. I'm totally guessing, but I think the success rate is more on the staff than Veach - but Veach could sure **** it up if him and the staff didn't have a good healthy reciprocative relationship.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote