View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 02:44 PM   #9102
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
I don't like to smoke my steaks. I like to have the beef standout.

Going to do a few more flat irons tonight hot and fast. If I remember I will take a pic.
Flat irons, I was taught to cook those directly in the coals, flip, and then wrap in heavy foil, a towel and put into a preheated cooler for 10-15 minutes. Awesome!!!

Yes , Please post pics!! I will start doing so also when I get my hands untied and can post attachments.

So, you cook over gas... sorry laptop question mark broken. I am just too lazy to go find my electronics tools and swap it.

I'm with you on that (salt, pepper, and optional butter). You can wrap them to control the smoke, my ex mother in law (that biotch) preferred very little or no smoke (she was a fan of a cast iron skillet in coals) so I learned to wrap hers in foil and then sear it when done and it worked quite well. She said
her rib-eye tasted very good that way which made everyone's jaw drop at the table.

If you cook over gas then I can understand your point as wood has a different taste to it. If you don't get much pecan, apple, or cherry, or other berry smoking wood, those sure beat the crap out of hickory or mesquite for flavor.

I personally don't think that the smoke is prevalent enough in a steak, as it's not there that long, to kill the beef's flavor, but we are all have different tastes.

Keep up the good work being true to the meat. I bet you might become a fan of dry aging your own beef, if you were to try it.

Have you ever smoked and seared using charcoal. I have a killer setup in a Weber kettle for doing that.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.