Thread: Movies and TV The Boys (Amazon)
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 11:25 PM   #128
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
Is A.P. Bio good? I love Dennis in It's Always Sunny.
I'd characterize it as . . . uneven humorous.

It's a sitcom, and it does that well with decent characters, bits and lines. The premise and execution requires a suspension of disbelief on another level though.

Basically, 'Dennis' is a frustrated academic who got hornswoggled out of some of the acclaim and status he thinks he's entitled to, and has to return to his hometown and teach a HS Bio class. Only he spends all his time scheming and using his students to try to get some o his status back.

Think of Costanza's premise for the show within a show on Seineld, where the lead gets into a fender-bender and is sentenced to be a butler. It's ridiculous, but could work if the writing is good, if you get my meaning.

Basically the premise is just what they hang their bits and plots on. Lots of teachers not teaching, and students not studenting.

But it's a reliable chuckle. . .
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.