View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #99
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Good breakdown of the Pneuma video in the OP... Some of you dopey critics should watch this...
Yeah, he's a great drummer. When I was in junior high and high school (when I played drums in the marching band) I listened to Tool.

Don't care anymore. Now have a record collection of around 7000 records. Not a single one of them is a Tool record. Thought about grabbing Opiate for like $4 at cost from our distributor...but I haven't yet.

Adam Jones doesn't do much for me as a guitarist, and as great as Justin Chancellor is at what he does, I'm more into guys like James Jamerson and Duck Dunn these days. It moves me more. As a bassist, I like grooves. Funk. Soul. Real R&B. Groove. Flea, Bill Wyman, Ron Wood, John McVie, Paul McCartney, Andy Fraser, Bootsy, Eric Avery, Billy Cox, Tod Bowers, Jack Bruce, David Hood, Shonna Tucker, players like that.

I'm not saying Tool doesn't groove.. it's just not my groove.

And for the record, my favorite Rush record might be the one with John Rutsey on drums, the one with "What You're Doing", "Finding My Way", and "Working Man". More of a groove.

Last edited by rabblerouser; 06-25-2020 at 10:20 PM..
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.