Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 12:36 PM   #1032
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Raymond Burr was gay
OK so, Della with a strap on riding Perry like a horse on sidebar?

So Burr was like Clay? Except for Burr was rich and famous..

Said he was ****ing all the hot women (Natilie Wood) while actually getting his fudge packed outside prying eyes.

"So, to cover his tracks, Burr had begun to invent a completely bogus history for himself.

This included military service he had never undertaken, battle wounds he had never sustained, early marriages to two women who never existed, the birth and death of a son who was yet another figment of his fantasy, and alleged sexual relationships with female Hollywood stars, one of whom — Natalie Wood — laughed the idea to scorn when I asked her about it.

Many of the claims Burr made about his life were accepted at face value by his first biographer, Ona Hill, in a book published in the year after his death. But his definitive biographer, Michael Seth Starr, writing 15 years after Burr’s demise, confronted all the claims head-on, demolishing most of them. His book was entitled Hiding in Plain Sight: The Secret Life of Raymond Burr.

Raymond William Stacy Burr was born on May 21, 1917 in New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada. He was a chubby baby, exhibiting even then the ample girth that would both help and haunt him for the rest of his days.

By the age of 22, Burr, as far as anyone knew, had never dated anyone. But the gossip columnist Ed Sullivan muddied the waters when he published an unsubstantiated rumour that Ona Munson, who had played Belle Watling in the movie Gone With The Wind, was ‘flirting with San Franciscan Raymond Burr’.

There was only one problem about this. Ona, despite three disastrous marriages, was a lesbian who was later linked to both Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich.

Burr met his first and only wife, Isabella Ward — Bella, as she preferred to be called — in 1943, during his first season as a trainee actor at the Pasadena Playhouse. The couple co-starred in Burr’s first Playhouse production, Quiet Wedding, and were married on January 10, 1948, when he was 30.

The marriage collapsed within months and they were divorced in 1952. Neither would ever remarry. Bella would later comment: ‘Some people are just not marrying people — and I think I’m one of them.’

Burr was later to insist that Bella was not his first wife and that he had been married previously to a Scottish actress named Annette Sutherland, whom he was supposed to have met while he was touring Britain in the early 1940s.

He claimed Annette had died in June 1943 in the same plane as actor Leslie Howard, shot down by the Nazis over the Bay of Biscay."

Do I need to go on?

"In 1959, seven years after his divorce from Bella, Burr began introducing yet another previous wife into his calamitous history. This one was named Laura Andrina Morgan and he claimed to have married her in either 1955 or 1953.

She conveniently died soon afterwards, having lost her battle with cancer just before the couple’s planned honeymoon in the Bahamas. Once again, no one known to Burr ever met Laura and no trace of her has ever been found."

It's an OK series, I don't go out of my way to watch it. but I do watch it.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 08-13-2020 at 01:37 PM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.