Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 09:39 AM   #1029
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Perry Mason is one of the most popular characters of the last 100 years.

The character first appeared in more than 80 novels, followed by six feature films in the 30's, a radio show that ran for 13 years in the 40's and 50's and most famously, the TV Series starring Raymond Burr, which ran for more than 200 episodes with a follow up series in the 70's and more Movies of the Week in the 80's and 90's.

The HBO series bears no resemblance to any of the novels, radio shows and TV shows of the past, other than the names of the major characters (Mason, Della Street, Paul Drake and DA Hamilton Burger).

I think I would have enjoyed the series exponentially more had they created new names for the characters and called it something else because it's been nothing like the original.
That’s certainly fair.

Although now I feel like a douche for not being familiar with Perry Mason.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.