Thread: Computers Friend needs a new gaming PC
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #14
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
A good comparison on these ~200 dollar CPUs. Trade blows depending on the game, right now im still partial to the Ryzens, and have done my last four builds with them. The multi threaded performance just outdoes the Intel chips at the same price point. So for certain games they are better, and they are within a couple percent on single threaded FPS in games that lean that way. (Current pricing 189/ 199/ 205)

The i5 9600k is $207.00 on Amazon. No cooler included though, unlike the Ryzen.Ryzen is definitely the trending cpu right now, they've done a great of ob catching up. I looked at the CPUBenchmark and Tom's Hardware comparisons between the two cards and just don't see enough to move me off of Intel just yet. I'm one of those "stick with it if it's always worked for you" guys.

I'm going to give it a couple more years for performance data to accumulate on the Ryzen units. However, with Intel moving away from focusing solely on cpu and into building gpu I'm going to have to be more open to change going forward.

It's going to be interesting when the Intel GPUs hit the market, especially with the former AMD GPU engineering lead Raja Koduri now being one of the leads on Intel's GPU team.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/xe-gp...cs-performance

Last edited by vailpass; 12-24-2019 at 04:27 PM..
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.