View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 08:32 AM   #815
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Really, in terms of football injury, Ross has one to be concerned about (the foot injury).

That has been cleaned up.

The congenital condition has been addressed via surgery, and will always lurk, but he hasn't actually missed time due to INJURY from that.

It's a smart, no-risk situation from the Chiefs side. If they continue to sit pat in free agency, I think that says a lot about what they think about their in-house options. Ross may be part of that.
Addressed, yes. But addressed and repaired are slightly different animals.

But given the general age of CP members, I think we're all aware of the sonofabitch that neck and back injuries can be. And we also know just how thin the line between NFL caliber athlete and really impressive dude on the street who can't actually play anymore.

If that neck issue and the subsequent surgery created any additional stiffness or even lingering weakness, it could simply make him a less dynamic athlete. And you don't have to be THAT much less dynamic to go from a 2nd day pick to a non-entity.

My point being that we simply haven't seen anything from him since then to suggest he's an NFL prospect. His SR year film certainly doesn't look like it. And sure, maybe that was the foot issue but I again get back to the fact that there isn't anything in FAVOR of it.

It's raw projection based on a development curve from his freshman year that frankly had plateaued even as a Sophomore.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.