Thread: Chiefs Felix working with Tamba
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:18 AM   #17
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallymo View Post
I think you answered your own question. The team took a swing on a player at a premium position with elite traits but who needed a redshirt year to gain weight and strength. I don't think there has been a lot of talk because most understood that FAU would need the season to acclimate. The fifth year gained by drafting him in the first softened the blow of not playing right away.

Now we will see if it paid off. If FAU isn't getting real snaps this season then the elephant arises for sure.
Exactly. It was a bet on traits in what was (at the time) a below average draft class. I think the class ended up a little better in reality than what it seemed on paper but oh well. One of the more interesting things for KC is the age factor with FAU. He's much closer in age to this class of rookies vs. the '23 class. Hell, out of the top 11 edge prospects (on the random list I looked at that included age) he is still below average age-wise to the group coming into the league now.

- Jonah Elliss: 21
- Dallas Turner: 21.2
- Chop Robinson: 21.3
- Austin Booker: 21.3
- FAU: 22.3
- Asida Issac: 22.5
- Chris Braswell: 22.5
- Darius Robinson: 22.6
- Marshawn Kneeland: 22.7
- Bralen Trice: 23.1
- Jared Verse: 23.4
- Laiatu Latu: 23.3
KSCHIEF is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KSCHIEF is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KSCHIEF is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KSCHIEF is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KSCHIEF is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KSCHIEF is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote