View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 12:23 PM   #11
Supporter

I give it a solid B+.

I have to admit, I'm not all that thrilled about the Bolton selection and would have rather seen them take virtually any other position at #58 than linebacker. Other than Bolton, I really like the draft. Creed Humphrey is a such a no-brainer that it's almost silly to even talk about him but I really liked the Kaindoh, Powell and Gray selections, albeit for different reasons.

Kaindhoh has a massive ceiling. With his length and athletic ability, it would be shocking if Spagnuolo and the staff can't quickly mold him into a decent rotational player at the very least. It all comes down to how well he accepts coaching and how much he loves football.

Noah Gray seems like one of those guys that was overlooked because he didn't play at a traditional powerhouse. He doesn't have quite the range and length that many of the high end elite tight ends possess (6'3 vs. 6'6) but he's sneaky athletic, appears to be very smart and has good hands. I think he'll be more of a passing threat than people expect because he's built more like an H-Back than a TE in 2021 but I'm pretty excited about the pick.

Cornell Powell's age is a factor and in a good way, IMO, because he's a 5th year Senior that's nearly 24 years old. While it appears many teams held that against him in their evaluations, that maturity should be an advantage, much like it was an advantage for Michael Danna last year. A lot of people here pushed him off to the side because he was a 5th year senior and taken in the 5th round but he was a solid contributor. If the Chiefs get that (and hopefully, more) from Powell this year, this draft will be an solid 'A' for sure.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote