View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 11:53 AM   #13
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Crow is essentially naming Reid's 'shell concept' - and I don't even think it's Reid's concept, just one he favors.

I agree with it as well. QB, LT, CB1 and Rush. If I can't get it from DE but can get a dynamic interior rusher, I'm fine with that. But I'll pay for any of those 4 guys.

If I'm going to 'splurge' outside of that, it's probably going to be on a defensive player. Likely a complementary pass rusher. And then with the depth at pass-rush and creative rush concepts, RT would be my next possible 'high end' target in terms of cap/draft capital.

For a lot of other positions, while I recognize their importance, it's just not all that hard to find solid production there. Especially if you have an active, aggressive GM who's willing to churn the bottom of his roster. The Chiefs do.

So do I like having Joe Thuney on this team? Absolutely. Would I have signed him for what we signed him for? I don't think so. Credible G play just isn't all that hard to find if you have a smart organization. At LB, I think you have guys like Chenel and Gay in the draft every single year - stay a year ahead, stay ahead of their development curve and churn 'em. Safety...well it's different with Spags because he leans on them a lot, but that's largely how I'd treat safety as well.

My order of priority in terms of draft/cap:

QB --- LT --- Rush1 -- CB1 -- Rush2 -- RT -- Target1 (be it WR or TE) -- CB2 -- Target2 -- C -- IDL -- Target3 -- S1 -- IOL -- RB1 -- LB1 -- CB3 -- Target4

Then throw all the rest in a bag of fungible guys.
I lean this way too. This is what the Bills and Packers do and it’s worked wonderfully for them. Those teams have invested a lot in the OL, DE and corners the last few years while getting value at the OL. I think we’re headed that way as well.

But their flaw is weapons. You could totally maximize Allen and Rodgers with the weapons available. It’s crazy that they haven’t tried harder to surround these guys with legit force multipliers.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.