View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 12:55 PM   #6
Andy Reid Supporter

I lean towards crow’s POV in regards to positions but mine is a bit different. QB and LT you pay regardless. If they are quality players (at minimum) you pay them bc good replacements are the toughest to find. Case and point is Andy Reid’s patience: trading for Alex was the right move for 4 years. The only legit QB available at the time was Derek Carr.

I think at that you try to build your pass rushers and DB’a and RT. Those are the next most important pieces to the roster IMO.

I’m all for paying elite players after their rookie contract, even at positions less valuable. Creed Humphrey and Nick Bolton fit this point perfectly. And really, they aren’t that expensive, especially a C.

My philosophy for us in the draft with Andy as our coach is pretty much the same as the Packers for the most part. Draft pass rushers and cover DB’s early while drafting WR’s in rd 2 at the earliest and IOL every year from rd 2-5. There’s always great value at OL in rd 3 and 4. I love Trey Smith but I don’t want to pay him huge money for such a lower positional value that can be replicated.

I think I’d use most of our 1st rd draft picks and FA money on defense bc Andy can find and make offensive talent work through scheme (for the most part).
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.