Thread: Alpha WR's
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 04:31 PM   #241
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
The odd thing about Mitchell is I'm not sure I heard rumours of him running 4.3 territory before the combine. I thought he looked plenty fast enough, but it seems noone else did. So I kind of see crow's point. But a mid 4.3 is a mid 4.3. I know it's not in pads but...you can kinda either run that or not, and you really don't need to run it EVERY snap.

I think he's going to be a really good player, might be the first WR eval I get right.
He has as much potential as anyone to be really good. I also agree you don't need to run that speed every snap. I just don't recall a snap where I said "wow he's fast." It's not a bad thing. I legit had him pegged as a poor man's version of Tee Higgins with the ability to get to that level. He just didn't show to quite be at the same level as Tee Higgins in college. I still pretty much feel that way, and there is nothing wrong with being a #2 fringe 1k guy in the NFL because that's still really good.

Running that speed though gives you a glimmer of hope that he could be Amari Cooper. It's not that Cooper is light years better than Higgins, but Cooper functions as an 1100 yd #1 so you're facing the better CB a little more frequently and putting up a bit better stats.

Do I think he is the next Justin Jefferson or Ja'Marr Chase? No, I don't see that at all. Could he be that? It's going to take a lot more endurance than he has now, IMO.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.