Thread: Life Health Insurance
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 11:18 AM   #60
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Ala Cart would never work. This isn’t streaming. People would select the absolute cheapest option.

What happens when they get sick with something that wasn’t covered and they don’t have the money to pay for the treatment? We just tell them you are SOL pal?

Should have paid for better insurance. That’s never happening. They will just go to the hospitals that have to take anyone. Me and you will pick up the bill.
Not me.

The wife's plan raised rates and the company lowered the coverage, which is nice, so they rolled out some lower cost plans. It took all of 5 minutes to figure out that if you use the plan at all for anything other than an annual checkup, the premium savings wouldn't outperform the coverage.

But you're right, if you're going to roll with lower coverage, you need to keep the jack available to cover medical expense. I don't remember where I saw it, but somewhere I saw the percentages of bankruptcies that were attributable to hardship from medical was pretty staggering.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.