Thread: Life Health Insurance
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 10:16 AM   #52
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
It’s ****ed up because government is involved. If it was just a business providing a product it would work much better. It’s government mandates that drive prices up. It’s a giant ****ing mess
In most industries I'd agree with you, but healthcare is somewhat different. And I'm certainly not an advocate for burdensome and unnecessary regulation, but I personally think health care is somewhat different.

And as far as government involvement goes, the first example of it being a GOOD thing in health care is Medicare. Hospitals and doctors bitch and moan that Medicare pays like crap. But Medicare pays a pretty reasonable and fair rate for the majority of services it provides. For example, getting a cervical MRI with Blue Cross might cost you $1,300 out of pocket. Medicare only allows $430 for the same test. An MRI shouldn't cost $1,300. Medicare can do that because they 65 million customers and the hospitals have to accept their rates. Your local Blue Cross doesn't have the same patient base, so they get stuck paying 3, 4, 5 times the amount Medicare does for the same procedures.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli