Thread: Movies and TV MCU Phase 4 Trailer
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
It occurred to me as I finished up the MCU canon recently that my parents haven't seen a minute of MCU. I know my dad would love it, and likely mom too, but DEFINITELY dad. But I'm trying to figure out how to sell them on umpteen hours of viewing [they're retired, so that have the time. Mom would probably actually enjoy it more because, left to his own devices, dad binges that History channel stuff. So mom crochets and tunes it out.] while hinting at the big payoffs in the end without spoiling those same payoffs.

Be great to get them to the Avengers Assemble moment knowing they appreciate all that went into it.
I'd suggest to them that they watch all 22 Marvel films chronologically because for all intents and purposes, it's 22 episode "TV" series, with everything culminating in Endgame.

IMO, it's far more enjoyable than catching one of the films here and there because it's easy to miss the McGuffin of the series, which of course is the Infinity Stones.

I watched them here and there over years so when I finally saw Infinity War and Endgame, the impact was greatly lessened. Once I watched them chronologically, everything changed. I couldn't believe the cohesion and while some films were less entertaining (Thor & Thor 2 come to mind), the best films (Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Civil War, along with my favorite, Thor 3) are mindblowingly awesome. And of course, Infinity War and Engame are amazingly well done films and are probably the best of the entire run.

It's also interesting to see how the characters change over the course of the series, not to mention, their growth as actors. Hemsworth of Thor 3 was 100 times better as an actor than he was in the first Thor film. Chris Pratt's growth from Community to Guardians 2 (not to mention, Infinity War and Engame) is palpable.

Anyway, I know it sounds like a Big Ask when there are 22 movies involved but if you pitch it to them akin to a TV series, they might be more receptive.

And once they get into it, well, there's almost no stopping, at least not for me!

DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.