View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 07:54 AM   #249
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Recent article I was reading about hitting the $1M mark by retirement age.

For our example I’ve made a few assumptions to keep the calculations as simple as possible. Using Bankrate’s investment calculator I’ve assumed $0 initial investment, a 7% rate of return, a contribution frequency of once a year, and a compound frequency of once-yearly. We’re also assuming that all taxes will be deferred, so keep in mind that tax implications aren’t reflected in the eventual $1 million.

With these criteria in mind, here’s how much you’d have to save annually to reach $1 million by age 65.

Age 20: $3,500 annually
Age 25: $5,010 annually
Age 30: $7,234 annually
Age 35: $10,587 annually
Age 40: $15,811 annually
Age 45: $24,394 annually
Age 50: $39,795 annually
Age 55: $72,378 annually
Age 60: $173,891 annually

As is always told, it pays to start early.
Thanks for that, I've been talking to my daughter about that. She just turned 16 and has $2500 in a mutual fund that grandma put in . But she also has $5000 in her savings account she has accumulated. I'm trying to convince her to let me move her savings into the mutual fund. The mutual fund averages a 9% return. Her savings account brings 0.50%
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.