View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 02:50 PM   #31
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
This is a perfect example of how competition in the free marketplace drives innovation and improvements. I imagine the corporate IT trend toward lightly managed devices to replace the more expensive PC is a response to the cost factors you cite here.
Yeah, in the past few years I've garnered a reputation in my company for certain types of things and it's led to me working on some massive projects (hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars) and in my new job, one of my primary duties is looking at costs and finding ways to cut them.

For a large enterprise, we're literally talking 10's of millions of dollars in savings when you figure in hardware, licensing, maintenance, security, and support. It's significant enough to shake up the market significantly.

That being said, I work on fed gov a lot and they still use MS. Money is no object for them.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.