View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 10:08 PM   #134
Head Chief, Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I founded Arrowhead Kingdom this off season. Our goal is for every Chief fan to find their fellow Chief fans in their city or while visiting to enjoy this golden era of Chiefs football together. As of right now, Arrowhead Kingdom is 62 chapters of Chief fans in 31 states, also Puerto Rico and Mexico City. We are still not officially launched yet but here's what we are doing.........https://arrowheadkingdom.org/

As part of that effort we are doing a weekly podcast and what we are calling a "Chiefscast". We wanted to use our national platform to help get the word out about Joe Delaney and the charity BBQ competition. Adam gave us the exclusive on where the Master Series BBQ competition will be held this summer. It's a huge fun place. I will let Adam reveal that detail here or you can listen to the Chiefscast or podcast.

If you want the podcast version with Adam, we are on spotify, google and other podcast platforms. Here's a direct link to the podcast version..... https://anchor.fm/akchiefscast/episo...oX9mecGG9G-a-M

Thanks again BigRedChief for the support and getting me in touch with Joshua for the podcast. It was such an honor to be on the ChiefsCast and to help give Arrowhead Kingdom get off to a promising start. You have something very successful and it's great you are seeing this through to the success it definitely will become!

I did reveal the location of the proposed (still not yet in contract) contest back in post #112. I intentionally wrote out a 3 paragraph response. If you take the first letter of each sentence you will see the name of the location.

First paragraph is
W-O-R-L-D-S

Second paragraph is
O-F

Third paragraph is
F-U-N

if the event cannot be held in Arrowhead, then Worlds of Fun is an ideal and as established an outdoor venue as one can realistically hope to find in the Kansas City area.

It's all about finding the right blend of sponsors and donors. Once that starts happening, then I will immediately sign off on their proposal. I fully expect to contribute financially to this worthy endeavor but this has to be something I cannot shoulder alone (the podcast mentions the cost - you can skip ahead to 1 hour, 14 minutes, 30 seconds of this podcast where the event is discussed in detail), so I am trying my hardest to get things done as I want so badly to fly out to Kansas City for that weekend.

Finally had time this weekend to start sending out e-mails. By my count, 70 companies were contacted and I easily still have over 100 more still to come. These companies who were contacted are sponsors of the Chiefs, Kansas City based companies or companies which would have some degree of relationship to a BBQ event. I still have more than 100 to go through. I have talked with the Chiefs and there may be something there - I'll know more in the coming days.

Have also reached out to ESPN, as they will cover the Monday Night Football game against the Giants. Not sure if he works there still, but Andy Tennant and I worked on a SportsCenter feature in 2003 when the Delaney Tragedy reached its 20 year anniversary. E-mailed him (it did not get rejected, so perhaps he still works there). Incidentally, both Steve Levy and Adam Schefter happen to have attended the same high school as I did, although both are several years older than me, but I reached out to them as well - hoping that their e-mails mimicked Mr. Tennant's.

Definitely contemplating reaching out to WHB this week to see what (if anything) can be done. Just think that the more this is publicized, the more likely it is for the desired sponsors and donors to step up.

Also have reached back to KSHB and KC Star this weekend. Both are for media purposes only.

I have also reached out to Northwestern State in Louisiana. That is Joe Delaney's alma mater. We worked well during the 37 Forever Foundation days and they were very happy to learn about The Joe Delaney Memorial Highway. I made it clear that I needed alumni help for the BBQ Contest, so we will see where that goes.

Finally, I need to get a list of all BBQ establishments in the KC area - I am of the belief that they are going to be integral to the success of this contest. I shall be asking KCBS for help with that.

Now if all these efforts are for naught and it doesn't happen, then it will be disappointing to pull the plug, but I can hold my head up high. Know that I am doing everything in my power to see this through.

And if it doesn't happen, well - it doesn't change at all The Joe Delaney Memorial Highway. That has been finalized and WILL HAPPEN. It is now just a matter of awaiting MoDOT to start getting those signs up on I-435.

Hope to have some good news to report shortly. My personal goal is that with the Tragedy Anniversary coming up later this month on June 29, I'd like to have an official announcement for the BBQ Contest to occur on that date (or before if we need that time to start planning....)

Wish me luck....
AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.AJKCFAN Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote