View Single Post
Old 12-24-2023, 08:32 AM   #5392
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I know we have a few BMW owners here so how much truth is it regarding how much more expensive BMWs are to maintain than most car brands? Car prices have come way down especially on luxury brands. I have noticed that many 4-5 year old BMWs have a good sticker price likely due to leases turning over, so this luxury market gets flooded with cars these ages. Most cars in this age range are 50-60% depreciated from their cost new.

Is the low up front cost not worth repairs coming its way? BMW doesn’t seem horrible with reliability but specialty parts make any repair or maintenance expensive?

Looking at 430i sedan FYI
I don't own one.. but you know what my business is.

BMWs are a 100% no touch from me. Would not let my family touch one, wouldn't recommend one to my friends. Literally, when looked at in the realm of quality/maintenance/cost of ownership, the absolute worst brand you could buy.

Not only are they more expensive to maintain, they are not quality cars. They WILL fail sooner rather later, somehow. Then you get to pay extra extra to get them fixed because the parts are expensive, they come from Germany, and nobody wants to work on them. The shops and people that do, charge a premium because of the tools and knowledge needed, and because they are the pain in the ass.

Also, they smell like crayons.

Why do you think everyone leases them?
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote