View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 03:42 AM   #118
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Montana

1980 - 2nd season in league and not even full time starter. I'm not gonna count that record since he hadn't proven he could do anything and it takes time for some QBs to adjust.

1982 - 3 wins in 9 games is still more than Watson's 1 win. We will see how many he ends up with. To be fair Joe was injured in game 2. I'd be willing to bet he was playing injured in those last 7 games.

Brees

2003 - was his 3rd season in the league and was clearly not the QB he would become.

Namath

1976 - Was clearly way past his prime and it was his last year in NY. After the next season he retired.

Palmer - He had the Raiders at 4-5 in 2011, so I'm counting that as a win. So he had 4 wins in 2010 in his last year in Cinci and 4 wins in 2012 in his last year with Oakland. Clearly he was in the worst situation of pretty much all of these QBs.
Hey, I’m not gonna disagree with you. My only point was is that there’s plenty of great quarterbacks out there that had a bad start to a season. And I’m not even saying that Watson is great. I do think he’s pretty good, and i believe that Billy never designed a really great offense around him. But I don’t believe that is a top-five quarterback.

I don’t think you’re giving him his due though when you say that you think Derek Carr is better than Watson. Because I can’t figure out how that’s possible. Watson is certainly tougher than Carr; he played a bunch of games while having a punctured lung, ffs. He doesn’t panic like Derek and start throwing interceptions all over the field. He’s obviously a lot more athletic and he can make throws from platforms that Derek can’t even imagine.

Id even have to say that he’s probably better than Tannehill as well. Obviously Tannehill is improved quite a bit since his days in Miami, or the end of the day he still kind of the same one dimensional quarterback. Because once you take away the run game and he can’t run play action, he’s kind of skittish in the pocket and he starts getting blinders and throwing footballs were they really shouldn’t go.

Watson doesn’t really do that. Again I’m not saying he’s great, but he’s got more talent and skills than Tannehill. Tannehill has to have a great running game, above average receivers, and a good defense, or he’s basically a league average quarterback.

Meanwhile, Watson’s been playing with a bad offense of line, a rotation of not great running backs, basically one offensive weapon, and aside from a decent pass rush, one of the worst defenses in the last 3-4 years. Yet in spite of all of that, he still managed to win 10 or 11 games a year, until 2020.

And in 2020 they started their season playing the defending Super Bowl champions in week one, The Baltimore ravens, the Steelers who ESPN has ranked as the best team in the NFL, the Vikings a playoff team from 2019, Tennessee a team that made it to the AFC conference game, And green bay the team that went to the NFC championship game. That has to be about the toughest schedule to open the season as I’ve seen in more than a decade.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.