View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 03:46 PM   #5508
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I used to Have a big draw and spent years trying to straighten out, now I wish I had that old swing , hitting the ball straight sucks , pick a curve any curve and learn how to use it, consistency is king .

My dad shoots low 70s at 73with his non text book swing and my pretty swing can barely keep it on the course.
That's called a hook. You are right getting fitted for clubs can help a lot and the right shaft will make a huge difference. Most weekend golfers play with the wrong shafts for their swing plane and clubhead speed. Most players in that class almost always use stiff shafted clubs when the really should be in regular flex. Shafts have a kick point low is near the clubhead creates a high ball flight. Mid Kickpoint is medium or normal ball flight. A high kick point near the grip will create a low driving ball flight. Now your swing also comes into play also so the dial a loft and open flat and closed face adjustment theory comes in play. It's intended to allow the golfer to tune to his desired game without changing shafts or bending irons so many degrees open or closed. Ping used to have a nice club grip called dial a grip it had degree graduations on the grip cap with grooves down the grip corresponding to that degree.

Last edited by srvy; 05-18-2020 at 03:55 PM..
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.