View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #1564
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Man, if I were going to do that, like you, I'd use my baking steel. The problem would be for me that my baking steel is too big to fit in the oven.

I wonder what the purpose here is. Is it really just the fact that you're now blasting it with heat from the top and the bottom? If so, how is that different from the cast iron ribeye recipe he's touted for years?

I just don't see an upshot here, to be honest. What I might try is taking my pizza oven but not using the stone on bottom. Just set the baking steel on the grate for about 20 minutes while throwing heat at it. Once I get it hot enough, raise it up to the top using my pizza kettle and then throw a steak in on the grate.

Truthfully, this seems like complicating things for the sake of complicating things.
I'm trying to figure out dinner tonight, thinking I may try this...
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.