View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 09:17 PM   #2
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Fun exercise.

29. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas. Slim pickings at edge in this run, at least for this draft slot. Burks gives KC another super-sized WR, and one who can be a real weapon after the catch.

30 -----> to Detroit (30, 135 for 34, 97, which is 1 point off in value on the Hill chart)

34. Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor. Still not loving the EDGE values (Mafe was off the board at 22 in this run), I move on to a different player who fits in perfectly with the Chiefs' defense. Pitre will be the nickel corner and gives KC safety flexibility in 23+ should KC not retain Juan Thornhill.

50 -----> to Seattle (50, 121, 243 for 41. This is -4 for Seattle on the Hill but close enough to roll with)

41. Arnold Ebiketie, DE, Penn State. Finally make an EDGE move and get a good athlete with the potential to grow into a more complete player. I do like his twitchy athleticism, and his arm length makes up for being a little shorter than a typical Chiefs DE).

62. Kingsley Enagbare, DE, South Carolina. Enagbare is not an overwhelming athlete, but he wins contests and is versatile. He gives me a strongside pairing for Ebiketie long-term.

94. Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama. Tolbert is a smooth receiver who gives you a little bit of everything, and I can't avoid the double-dip to keep rebuilding the room.

97. Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati. With Pitre in the fold, this might seem like an unnecessary move, but Cook gives KC a physical, true SS sort and someone who is a major upgrade as the subpackage dime safety.

103. Matt Waletzko, T, North Dakota. Looking around for a developmental T, Waletzko pops out over more mentioned prospects like Rasheed Walker and Zach Tom because of his length (36" arms). Potential long-term RT answer. I take him and groan inwardly at passing on Jeremy Ruckert, TE, and some great CB options (McCollum, Armour-Davis, Bryant).

7.233 ----> (233, 243 for 210. Neutral on TV chart)

210. Sam Webb, CB, Missouri Western. Come on, now. You didn't think Veach was just going to hang out the whole rest of this, did you? He comes back up to grab a really athletic developmental CB prospect.

And that's it.

KC reinforces the WR and DE spots with guys who can contribute right away and adds some legit star potential to that room. Pitre gives them the flexibility needed at DB to continue shopping in the bargain bin for CBs and trying to develop its way forward.

With the way the board fell, it didn't make sense to move up for a DE in the first, and I don't believe KC will do that for a WR, ultimately.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote