View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 12:07 PM   #110
Would an idiot do that?

p90x worked okay without great results, but I'm sure some of it was diet and some was not following it to the letter.

To compare though...

- p90x pull ups: Literally "just do a million, or as many as you can.... use a chair if you need to!"
- A better way, IMO: If you can't do one pull up, start by hanging from the bar. When you can do that for so long, scapula pulls, then negatives, then pull ups.

I personally cheated far too much because I couldn't do a few at the time, much less 10+ sets in one workout.

- p90x arms: Annihilate your biceps with 20 sets, some at 8 reps and others at 16, and others just do as many as humanly possible!
- A better way: 5 sets a couple times/week with actual breaks.

It worked well for me as a pure n00b for a while.... didn't realize how bad my core was when I started (back pain doing push ups, much less their core routine). Plyo is insane and would probably still kick my ass today.

It's basically the opposite of the "work smarter not harder" that I try to follow these days, and I much of it ended up being endurance and cardio training for me, as well as getting into better shape without really seeing the results in the mirror.... I never really felt a ton of progress with it and got burned out easily.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.