Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 02:06 PM   #458
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
FYI, Iger is still under contract with Disney through the end of 2021 and there have been no reports of any improprieties.

While I personally believe the press release was weird in its content, the fact of the matter is that Bob Iger oversaw the acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox during his 14 years as CEO, along with the launch of Disney+ and the renovation and additions to several theme parks, including the $2 billion dollar Galaxy's Edge Star Wars land.

While he may or may not have been tipped off about the virus, he's accomplished more in the past 14 years than most Entertainment CEO's accomplish in decades. He's 69 years old and has pretty much done it all, so IMO, it's more likely than not that the reason for stepping down is just to enjoy life instead of constantly putting out fires.
I’d agree.

I remember doing a case study on Disney right about the time he was hired. Disney was performing really badly and I thought to myself, how do you un**** this? Shitcanning your CEO and hiring this Bob Iger fella probably ain’t it.

15 years later.... LOL
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.